8.18.2008

N- Nanny

Nanny to my kids, Mom to me. Fadine Baker Williams was and is still my greatest hero. I lost my Mom 8 years ago to cancer. I have a hole in my heart that can never be filled. As hard as it was to give her up, God really guided me through it. I've never known a greater woman. She was such an amazing woman of God. She lived her life for Him, in every way. What an example! There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her, wish to share something with her, show her something or mostly get advice and wisdom! She was ALWAYS there for me. She taught me so much in life and she taught me so much about how to die gracefully. She was not only an amazing mom but a precious wife and Nanny. She was always interested in whatever we were doing. She was a wonderful cook, seamstress, homemaker, Bible School teacher, mentor to not only the younger women but always was helping the elderly at our church. She never quit learning and was one mean Scrabble, Trivia Pursuit and crossword puzzle player! Up until the very end mom was teaching me, guiding me and providing wonderful memories to get me through. It is my greatest prayer that I will be half the woman my mom was to not only my husband, children and grandchildren but everyone around me! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

She was an amazing woman! It brings tears of joy to think about her, as well of tears of sadness because of missing her too. She passed so many wonderful qualities on to you. Love you mom!

annalee said...

I too loved your amazing mom. She used to send me encouraging cards, verses, and treats in the mail in middle school and it always meant SO much. she has left a rich, rich legacy!