4.11.2010

Antigua 2010-Day Five



Wednesday. Another wonderful start to the morning...enjoying a cup of coffee on the porch with my sweet hubby! The view is beautiful and so peaceful. Every morning so far, we have seen several cruise ships coming to shore. They are beautiful ships, but we are seeing such a different side of Antigua, and though I would love to take a cruise, I prefer to see and experience what we have been blessed to be a part of so far. Nice start to another crazy busy day. Our bodies are all sore, we are working and sweating like crazy, but it has been an amazing trip thus far!
Our day for the most part is pretty much a repeat of yesterday. We started our day giving the devo at the school where my little friend, Ira goes. When our van pulled into the parking lot, there he was, standing right in the middle of the parking lot, waiting. As soon as I got off the van, he gave me a huge hug. My heart melted. He stuck by me the entire time. He is in the 8th grade and though I can tell some are making fun of him for "hanging out" with me, he doesn't seem to mind one bit! We talked until our devo time and then we stood together and worshiped God. We were allowed to stay just a bit and visit before their first class period. Then we waited about 45 minutes before we were able to spend their "open period" with them. They could pick to play board games, do a drama class, etc. I helped Kari in the drama class. It was fun to see them be silly! The rest of our day looked like yesterday...another WONDERFUL lunch at church, to the Hotel to pick up trash again, a quick shower and change of clothes and back to the church for the Youth Rally. As soon as we wrapped up the Youth Rally, we dashed back to the Hotel to fix our supper and then back to church for evening services and visiting time! We are blown away by the depth of their knowledge of the Bible, their love to study God's word and the way they make us feel so loved! They have taught us much!
I will finish with more pictures...of kids at the school, etc.



No comments: