3.25.2010

Island time...




So there is an expression on the Island of Antigua. Island Time. Everything runs slower and more relaxed! We have just returned from a Spring Break Campaign to Antigua and I am having trouble getting out of Island Time! :) It was an amazing week. We went with our University students at Hillcrest. It was an incredible trip. I am going to blog about it soon...show a few of the 100's of pictures I took...but first I want to share all our experiences with our children first. We have visited with Zach and Meg, but today Ashley and Emma are driving in so we can share pictures, stories and explain to her how these people have changed our lives! PLUS, we get to see Emma! That is for sure one thing we both missed while we were gone...our kids!!! So, until I get caught up with "life stuff"...I will simply leave you with this...ahh...I think I could get use to a little more "Island Time"! Really we only spent one day at the beach the rest of the time we worked with children, picked up trash, cleaned a vacant lot, visited a rest home, etc...and that is where we really saw God! The country is beautiful but the people at Villa Church of Christ truly are on amazing! I will be back soon to share stories and ways these people really touched my heart!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oooohhh, amazing pictures so far! Absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about your great time. I love traveling and seeing more of God's creation. And beaches are at the top of my list! ;)

emily said...

When Ash told me where you were, I was first JEALOUS, & then THRILLED to think about the amazing stories you would have!! I love these pics of you & Larry & can't believe how beautiful it is there! I will be waiting anxiously for more blogging from you :) I'm glad you made it back safe!! LOVE YOU!