2.14.2009

Valentine Sleepover!






Since this is one of those holidays meant for couples, we decided to let Zach and Meg have an evening alone! We sent an invitation to the boys a week ago asking if they could come to a Valentine Sleepover at Bud and Honey's house!
We invited our three grandsons for a Valentine Sleepover, a time for us to enjoy their sweetness and a time for Mom and Dad to enjoy each other...quietly!

Here is a run down of the evening!

Ate supper, which including some red heart jigglers with pink cool whip and for dessert-Red Velvet Moon Pies...big hit! Then we sent the boys on a heart hunt! Instead of Easter Eggs, we had hidden red and pink paper hearts all over the house for them to find! They loved it! We had the kitchen island set up and we dipped large marshmallows in chocolate then we had an assortment of Valentine sprinkles to top off their creations! After we finished our "baking" and of course tasting a few we moved on to the table to make cards for their mommy and daddy! It was so sweet to watch them work so hard on making their cards extra special!

Larry and I made a bean bag board with personalized bead bags for each boy. They love to throw stuff, so this was a big hit! 

After baths, we finished off the evening with a little snuggle time before being tucked into bed. The boys were up fairly early this morning and ready to play with their new bean bag toss. We fixed some breakfast and finished our time playing! They were quite excited to show off their new toy and give their parents their very special cards. 

It was a "sweet" time with three precious little guys! We love you Owen, Clay and Will! 


5 comments:

Ashley said...

So fun! Yall are such good grandparents! :)

annalee said...

precious, precious, precious (1 for each of those grandkids)!
what a perfect valentine gift to meg and zach and the 3 little guys!

Kayla said...

Oh, how I miss those sweet faces! They are all getting so big. That sounds like such a fun weekend. I was telling Darby the other day that you are my inspiration for how I want to be when I'm a grandma. (I might be getting a little ahead of myself...maybe I should work on being a mom first!) But, seriously, you are so sweet to the boys and always come up with such fun things to do. I need to start a "grandma file."

Lauren said...

Mary Kay,

I am a friend of Ashley's and I actually met you when I worked in the Campus Life office with Residence Life. This is such a neat idea. Owen, Clay, and Will are precious!

Kel said...

Such sweet grandparents. I'm sure the boys just loved it!